Followers

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Karina's Back!

Hello everyone dear Copic fans like I am! Karina here today, and I am so much honoured to guest designing here for a second time. 

Hallo Allerseits liebe Copic Freunde! Ich bin Karina und ich fühle mich sehr geehrt hier heute ein zweites Mal als Gast einen Beitrag zu leisten.


The card I show you today is made with another sweet image from the newest collection at Whiff of Joy 'We Are Family' called 'You Can Count on Me'. The papers I used for the background are from Simple Stories 'Generations'.

Die Karte welche ich euch heute zeige habe ich mit einem weiteren süssen Motiv der neuesten Whiff of Joy Kollektion 'Wir sind eine Familie' kreiert. Die Papiere welche ich für den Hintergrund verwendet habe sind von Simple Stories 'Generations'.


For colouring the image I used following colours:
Für die Coloration meines Motives habe ich folgende Farben verwendet:

Grey Mouse / Graue Maus: W7, W5, W3, W2, W1 and W0
Brown Mouse / Braune Maus: E57, E53, E33, E11 and YR20
For the ears, tummy and tail I added / für die Ohren, Bauch und den Schwanz zusätzlich: R20, YR00 and R00
Ceeks / Wangen: R02
Throusers / Shorts: B93, B12 and B00
Shirt / T-Shirt: Y17, Y15, Y11
Background / Hintergrund: BG10 and G000
Ground / Boden: W3, W2, W0, 0

After I coloured the ground I added some points with the blender to give it a grainy effect.
Nachdem ich den Boden coloriert habe, fügte ich punktuell Akzente mit dem Blender hinzu um einen körnigen Effekt zu erzielen.



Normally my cards have quite some embellishments on them, like flowers, lace, and much more. But always when I use those papers from Simple Stories I think any embellies would be too much. It would cover too many of the lovely details on the papers. So I left them away, just added two banners with a saying, which are from the same papers as well. This way it keeps the focus on the image which I quite like as well. My card is perfect for a children birthday.

Normalerweise haben meine Karten viel mehr zusätzliche Verzierungen mit Blumen, Spitze etc. Aber immer wenn ich diese Papiere von Simple Stories verwende denke ich dass es zuviel wäre, noch etwas anderes hinzuzufügen. Es würde zu viele Details vom Papier verdecken. So habe ich alles andere weggelassen, habe nur zwei Banner mit Worten hinzugefügt, welche vom selben Papier sind. Auf diese Weise bleibt der Fokus auf dem Motiv was ich auch sehr mag. Meine Karte ist perfekt für einen Kindergeburtstag.

Now I wish everyone a happy day! Thank you so much again for the possibility to show you another creation I made.

Nun wünsche ich allen einen fröhlichen Tag. Vielen Dank nochmals für die Gelegenheit eine weitere meiner Kreationen hier zeigen zu dürfen.

7 comments:

Jane said...

What a sweet card, I love the simplicity of it, it allows the image to take centre stage!
Hugs
Jane

nettie53 said...

wat een leuk en vrolijk kaartje!!

Gerrittina said...

Great card! Love the way you have coloured the image.

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful card, the main feature is the mice, with the papers being secondary - any embellishments would have covered the paper - like what you have done very much hugs karen x

wlbillings said...

I really like this card- Fun and cute!

Brenda said...

i love the image! so cute! your card and coloring is beautiful.
Brenda

Cathy said...

Gorgeous colouring and beautiful card!!!