Followers

Friday, August 16, 2013

flip flops for summer

Hello everyone!
This is Kathrin here today sharing a summer-ish creation with you.


I'm sure you've all seen this kind of card before. Actually it isn't a card but a hanger - and I think Flip Flops are one of the things screaming "SUMMER" the loudest.

I used two of the newest Magnolia stamps here to create this summer scene.
And to tease you all a little I am going to tell you that I am doing exactly the same at the moment - sitting on the beach an playing with the sand... ;p


I used the dot technique to color in the sand. Just a plain colored area wouldn't really have given the look of sand, but the few dots added to the background and more added to the shaded areas make it look right to me. 
I wanted to keep the beach houses white to avoid a "whole brown colored" image. And with this it's still Tilda keeping the attention.

As decoration I went with a flag garland, some cheesecloth, a star tag, a charm and also a postage stamp - all things that mean summer and beach and vacation to me.

I have used these colors to color the image in:

Skin: E13, E11, E51, E30, E000
Cheeks: R20, R22
Hair: E59, E99, E37, YR27, Y21,Y00
Shirt and bows: R59, R46, R35, R32,R30
Trousers: B99, B45, B41, B000
Houses: C5, C2, C0, W3
Sky: B0000, BG000, B000
Sand: E53, E35, E33, E31, E43, E42

Enjoy the summer everyone!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, sooooo pretty!

CaroleAnn said...

Just beautiful and I love how you colored our image and the sand - well, I want to play in it! Hugs

Angie Bächi said...

I love her curls... great coloring of the sand, makes me wana sit next to her. Remembers me our vacation at the mediterranian sea this summer. Gorgeours flip flops too :) TFS!
xox, Angie