Followers

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Colouring lovely zombies!


Hello everyone!

Franz here today with a scary tutorial about colouring zombie characters.

I've chosen a Saturated Canary image, "Zombie and her kitty" in the light version.

First of all, I coloured her skin in Blue Violet, but I started with Warm Greys to make her face a little dirtier.

I used four markers, colouring by dark to light: W7, W5, W3, W1



Then I coloured from dark to light again using Blue Violet Markers: BV23, BV00, BV000, BV0000

  
Then I added some BV08 here and there to give some accents to the image; I coloured the rest of the skin with the same technique.



Then I coloured the eyes in two different colours; the left one is the typical zombie eye :)

Here I used my Copic Multiliner 0.5 to draw some parts of eyes, the scars and the eyebrows

Then I coloured her hair.
I wanted black hair and I started colouring using the black marker: 100



I added some C5 (and BV23 here and there) to narrow the tips of darker lines and to make them longer trying to practice thin lines!



Then I coloured the white gaps within the lines using B01, but I left some highlights here and there



Finally I coloured the cat (from dark to light: C7, C5, C3, C1 + Black Copic Multiliner 0.5), the outfit (from dark to light: V06, V04, V01, V000 + some touches of W5 on the darkest areas)....



...and the background in warm grey: W5, W3, 1, 0

here is the finished card

I hope it could be useful!
Thank you for stopping by,

2 comments:

chrilvian said...

awesome

ArtCuore said...

Beautiful... Love colors Halloween ... Thanks